Public Works Crew Position
Full-time (40 hours per week)
The Village of Elkhart Lake (pop. 1000) is seeking qualified candidates for the public works crew position. The public works department is responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Participates in and performs street repair, manhole and pothole patching, sidewalk improvements, sidewalk inspections, painting street lines and curbs, emptying trash receptacles, snow and ice removal & hauling, and related roadway operations.
- Helps with the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of sanitary and storm sewers, water mains, and hydrants. Helps to perform standardized tests, takes samples, regulates conditions, and keeps records for water distribution operations.
- Operates and performs maintenance on equipment including pickups, trucks, tractors, building maintenance, etc.
- Assists in cleaning, maintaining, mowing the lawn and raking the leaves at Village Properties
- Weekend (approximately twice a month) and on-call work required.
- Performs other job duties as required.
Two years of experience in a municipal public works or water department is preferred, but equivalent education and privatesector job experience will be considered. Candidates must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and a Class B CDL or obtain one within 60 days of hire. Finally, interested candidates must hold a Wisconsin Certified Water Operator in Groundwater and Distribution, or obtain the licenses within 6 months of hire. Candidates will also possess computer skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desired. Hourly wage is between $16.00 – $18.50, depending on qualifications. A benefits package is included.
Contact the Village of Elkhart Lake at 920-876-2122, or stop in the Village Offices at 40 Pine Street, Elkhart Lake, WI 53020 to pick up an application and to receive a copy of the entire job description. Drop off, send or email letter of interest, application, resume, salary history and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Village of Elkhart Lake, P. O. Box 143, Elkhart Lake, WI 53020 by May 4th, 2017. The Village of Elkhart Lake is an EOE.