The Village of Elkhart Lake’s groundwater supply comes from two deep wells. Annually the Water Utility pumps approximately 60 million gallons of water. The Water Utility manages and repairs over 69,000 feet of water lines within the Village and there are approximately 590 water services in the Village. The Elkhart Lake Water Utility serves approximately 645 customers in the Village of Elkhart Lake.
Water Rates & Billing
The Water Utility sends bills out quarterly in conjunction with the sewer bills. The bills are mailed on approximately the 15th of January, April, July, and October. The current water volume rates are as follows:
- First 3,000 cu. ft. per quarter – $2.02 per 100 cu. ft. + meter chg.
- Next 17,000 cu. ft. per quarter – $1.74 per 100 cu. ft. + meter chg.
- Next 30,000 cu. ft. per quarter – $1.41 per 100 cu. ft. + meter chg.
- Over 50,000 cu. ft. per quarter – $1.08 per 100 cu. ft. + meter chg.
The current water meter charges per quarter are as follows:
- 5/8" meters – $18.73 per quarter
- 3/4" meters – $18.73 per quarter
- 1" meters – $22.99 per quarter
- 1 1/4" meters – $29.56 per quarter
- 1 1/2" meters – $36.13 per quarter
- 2" meters – $59.12 per quarter
- 3" meters – $108.40 per quarter
- 4" meters – $164.22 per quarter
Automatic Bill Paying
I’m Moving - What Should I do with my Water/Sewer?
If you move in or out of a residence in the Village, please contact the Village Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at (920) 876-2122 to allow for a final water meter reading and to provide the new billing information. After we receive the reading, the Village Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer’s Office will provide a final bill to the old owners and put the bill in the new owner’s name.
Issues with Water
If you are experiencing any issues with water pressure, discoloration, smell, or other problems, please contact our Public Works Department at 920-876-2231 or the Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at 920-876-2122.
The Village is always testing its water for contaminants. In order to ensure that tap water is safe to drink, the EPA prescribes regulations that limit the amount of certain contaminants in water provided by public water systems. The Elkhart Lake Water Utility annually files a Consumer Confidence Report about the water quality in the Village. The 2017 Consumer Confidence Report can be found here.
51 East Maple Street, P.O. Box 143
Elkhart Lake, WI 53020
Monday – Friday –7:00 am to 3:30 pm