VILLAGE OF ELKHART LAKE GARBAGE & RECYCLING COLLECTION
The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal Services for the collection of garbage and recyclables.
Elkhart Lake Garbage & Recycling Collection Schedule
Pickup day is Monday. Please have your garbage and recyclable containers curbside prior to 7:00 am. These containers must be removed from curbside no later than 7:00 am on the day after collection. If you have an issue with garbage or recycling pick-up, please call Advanced Disposal Services at 1-888-688-4005. If you have any questions, please call the Village Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at 920-876-2122.
Please note that violations of the Village refuse and recycling ordinance can lead to fines of $50 to $2,000 for each offense.
All trash needs to fit in the refuse container and all recycling can be co-mingled and needs to fit in the recycling container. Overflowing containers and garbage outside the containers will not be picked up.
Tips from Advanced Disposal:
- Carts should be placed for pickup by 7:00 a.m.
- Your cart should be within 18 inches of the curb with the arrows on the lid pointing to the street/curb. Carts cannot be placed on the street. If there is snow, please clear an area in the terrace, or leave the carts at the end of your driveway.
- To avoid damage to property, place the cart at least three-feet away from mailboxes, lampposts and other fixed objects.
- Place your cart on as level a surface as possible, but away from low hanging tree branches.
- Place carts at least three feet away from each other.
- Close lids prior to pick-up. Lids should be closed on the carts for driver identification and in order to stop material from spilling or blowing away.
- Carts not properly placed will be tagged and not picked up.
- Only Advanced Disposal Carts will be emptied
Elkhart Lake Holiday Garbage Collection Schedule 2020
Memorial Day – Tuesday May 26th, 2020
Independence Day – Normal Monday Pick up
Labor Day- Tuesday September 8th, 2020
Thanksgiving Day – Normal Monday Pick up
Christmas Day – Normal Monday Pick up
New Year’s Day – Normal Monday Pick up
View the Village Residential Refuse and Recycling Guidelines and helpful tips.
Yard Waste Dumpster
A dumpster is provided at the Village Garage in spring, summer, and fall. Opening and closing dates vary depending on the weather. Current hours are WEDNESDAYS from 2 P.M. to 6 P.M. and SATURDAYS from 8:30 A.M. to 3 P.M. This is for yard waste only, not lake waste! Yard waste, leaves, brush, garden debris, etc., will not be picked up curbside.
There is a brush truck available for residents to put in large amounts of brush. Call the Village garage at 920-876-2231 to arrange for a brush truck.
Frequently Asked Questions about Garbage & Recycling Collection
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION
Sheboygan County hosts household hazardous waste collection sites throughout the year. There is a $10.00 per vehicle charge for the waste disposal.
What kind of materials will be accepted at these collection sites?
- Flammable liquids
- Fluorescent bulbs (household quantities)
- Oil-based paints
- Household batteries
- Acids and bases
- Old gasoline
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Reactive (typically pool chemicals)
Garbage & Recycling Collection
Streets, Water & Sewer
Building Permits & Inspections
Zoning & Conditional Use Permits
Taxes & Assessments
Liquor, Cigarette & Operator Licenses
Other Licenses & Permits